British Insulated Callender's Cables (BICC) was a 20th century British cable manufacturer and construction company which originated in two 19th century pioneer electric cable companies - Callenders of Erith, formed in 1882, which later became Callenders Cable and Construction Co, and British Insulated Wire Co, formed in 1890. Now renamed after its former subsidiary Balfour Beatty.
British Insulated Cables had its origins in the British Insulated Wire Co of Prescot, near Liverpool.
In 1925 The company changed its name to the British Insulated Cables Ltd (BIC).
By 1939 they were a recognised supplier of aircraft cabling
The company became British Insulated Callenders Cables or BICC, after the merger with Callenders Cable and Construction Co. in 1945