R & J Beck

'Smith and Beck' was established in 1843 by Richard Beck (1827-1866), Joseph Beck (1828-1891) and James Smith. They were based in London and produced a wide range of optical products: microscopes, telescopes, eye test glasses for opticians (optometer lenses), other optical equipment, including camera lenses and cameras.After  many name changes in

1968 they were taken over by The Ealing Corporation, South Natick, Massachusetts, United States and became Ealing Beck Ltd. In 1990 Davin Optronics acquired the business and at present the ownership is with Beck Optronic Solutions Ltd.


These websites give a more detailed description of the company history.