|Picture Type:||Framed Picture|
|Topic:||Sites / Facilities|
|Title:||Aerial View of the Rochester Site|
|Location:||Rack RAA12 (pictures part) [Mezzanine Store]|
Amongst other changes, this view shows:
1) The greyhound race track (oval at bottom left);this was closed for development in 1979.
2) The "Flying School" part of the Rochester site (top left of airfield);
3) A rectangular area (left of the runways & opposite the Davis Estate) before its development into a hotel & retail park;
4) A rectangular area (right of the runways before its development into the Laker Road industrial park;
5)The A229 road from Maidstone before the Bluebell Hill village bypass.
The picture is undated but is circa 1982 because:
* Phase III building is complete but the Falcon Building is not visible as building only commenced in 1981.
* 8 acre car park exists.
* There are Portakabins in front of the hangars.
* The greyhound stadium had not been demolished.