|Object Name:||F-16 Model (small)|
|Platform(s):||F-16A/B Fighting Falcon|
|Year of Manufacture:||Unknown|
|Location:||Archive Object Store|
This is a model of F-16A Tail No. 75-0746 which was built in 1977. In 1982 it was based at Langley AFB to test a decouple pylon concept. The aircraft received the larger block 15 stabilisers and the tail also received the extended tail housing for a parachute during this time. In 2004 it was decommissioned to become a Gate Guardian at McEntire ANGB, South Carolina.
This model was donated by John Spinks and it is marked accurately. The tail is marked "USAF 50746" and the fuselage bears the following Rescue notice:
"1. Push button to open door
2. Pull ring out 6 feet to jettison canopy"
and Maintenance notices:
"U.S. Air Force F-16 AF Serial No 01976"
"Service this aircraft with Grade JP-4 or Type B per ASTM-D-1655"
"Warning: this aircraft contains a canopy remover containing an explosive charge"
The given dimensions include the stand; by itself the aircraft height is 70mm and length/depth is 368mm.